Website Links E-Safety
Useful Web Sites for Parents
· www.parentinfo.org/ - This website was developed out of a partnership between CEOP and The Parent Zone and contains lots of good eSafety advice.
· www.saferinternet.org.uk - Here you will find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
· www.childnet.com- An organisation working directly with children, parents and teachers to ensure that the issues of online child protection and the safe and positive use of the internet are addressed.
· www.thinkuknow.co.uk - The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre has set up its own website which has been designed and written specifically for children, young people, teachers, parents and carers.
· www.kidsmart.org.uk/ - Kidsmart is an award winning internet safety website for parents and those working with children. It has been developed by the children's internet charity Childnet International and has excellent information on many of the technologies used by children, with guidance on how to ‘stay safe’ online.
· www.bullying.co.uk - One in five young people have experienced bullying by text message or via email. This web site gives advice for children and parents on cyberbullying.
· www.internetmatters.org / - Specific help on how to set up internet controls at home. Guidance and articles for parents about keeping children safe online.
· www.digizen.org - A website designed to strengthen awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is. It encourages users of technology to be and become responsible DIGItal citiZENS.
· https://help.instagram.com/369001149843369/ - Instagram has a help page to ensure that your security is maintained as far as possible. Just remember that this is a 13+ service and all photos uploaded immediately become the property of Instagram