PE @ Lancasterian School
We believe that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is vital and unique in its contribution to our students physical and emotional development and health. The physical education curriculum aims to increase students self-confidence through an ability to manage themselves successfully in a variety of situations.
Aims of PE and Physical Activities at Lancasterian are:
- To develop an ability to plan a range of movement sequences, organise equipment and apparatus, and begin to design and apply simple rules.
- To develop an ability to remember, adapt and apply knowledge, practical skills and concepts in a variety of movement based activities.
- To promote positive attitudes towards health, hygiene and fitness.
- To develop psycho-motor skills through a range of relevant movement based activities.
- To develop a sense of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To develop communication skills, encouraging the use of correct terminology, to promote effective co-operation.
- To foster an enjoyment, and positive attitude to, the subject in school.
- To enable students where possible to work towards independence and to communicate positively towards others
- To give our students the opportunities to develop and practice leadership skills.
- To give our students the opportunity to try new activities, develop new skills and grow in confidence through an outdoor education programme.
- To follow the Olympic and Paralympic legacy by continuing to follow the values and ethos throughout the school and maintaining a knowledge of our countries sportsmen and women, including major sporting events.
- To give students plenty of opportunities to take part in competition both intra and inter school.