At Lancasterian we strive to develop partnerships with business and charities which benefit pupils on a long term basis. Our partners also engage in multiple projects to enhance community involvement and increase the breadth of experience for our pupils. ‘We are very grateful for their support'
Whizz Kidz have worked with Lancasterian since around 2008. This began with occasional wheelchair skills sessions. Now we work with them in several ways:
* To facilitate wheelchair skills sessions which train pupils and staff and therefore support longevity of provision.
* Whizz Kidz support us to access work placement opportunities which we would otherwise not be able to access.
* Lancasterian host the WK Ambassador Clubs monthly on Saturdays, all wheelchair users are eligible to join.
* Our students can access regular residential camp activities fully supported by skilled Whizz Kidz staff.
* We are working with them to set up after school clubs which Wheelchair users can access.
* Students and families can apply for specialist wheelchairs and buy maintenance contracts to maintain them. School provides a venue for service review clinics
* Whizz Kidz are providing wheelchair sports coaching as taster sessions so they can explore sport that otherwise would be difficult to access. Recently: Martial arts Starter Session (See below).
* We work in collaboration with Whizz Kidz to help them to tailor services for our students.
On Friday 14th October we had a Marshall Arts Taster session in school, facilitated by Whizz Kidz, (Another benefit of our developing partnership with Whizz Kidz).
Whizz Kidz Ambassador Club is held at Lancasterian School on every third Saturday of each month for those wishing to attend.
Registered charity No. 802872 - England Wales No. 2444520 Scotland No. SC042607
‘Happy Town' Partnership
East Didsbury Store Parrs Wood
* Community Volunteer project ‘Here to Help'. Tesco staff come to help with school maintenance/gardening/cleaning & general helping around school.
* Half Termly Hamper donations of consumables.
* Work placement opportunities for year 10/11 students.
* Charity & Community Grant schemes.
* Eat Happy & Farm to Fork projects helping pupils to learn about food and its origins.
TESCO East Didsbury launched their Volunteer Project at Lancasterian on Friday 18th November 2016.
4 employees came to begin an outdoor clean-up for us. They generously donated crisp snacks for staff to help keep our spirits up. We are hoping they will become part of our hardworking Lancs' community as this is a long term commitment.
Many thanks to: Ashley, Melissa, Jackie & James
Siemens support our students in the following ways:
* Providing Christmas entertainment at the Manchester site. Usually a Magic Show.
* Funding presents from Santa for our pupils across school.
* Providing Easter eggs for all in the Spring term.
* Occasionally hosting work placements in the office areas.
Manchester People First We have had been working with MPF since 2012. They support us in the following ways:
* By hosting work placements for our year 10/11 students.
* By attending Student aspirations theme days and workshops.
* Provide role models for our students who will come in to school to talk about their roles and how working is for them.
Registered charity No' 6339300 England . 1124426 Wales
In school we regularly link with organisations and plan events. They are not committed to us for long term support, but pupils benefit enormously from these opportunities.